Bollywood Theater Masala Chai Loose Leaf Tea
Proud to be named in Bon Appétit as a "Top 10 Great Specialty Food Store" - June 2017.
Make no mistake, this is not the weak, boring chai you find on supermarket shelves. Our Bollywood Theater Masala Chai is as close as you can get to the stuff served by the Chai Wallahs in the streets of Delhi.
Featured in Bon Appetit's "The Best Chai You Can Buy" and an editor's choice at Food & Wine
This is an authentic, rich and robust Masala Chai blend featuring the freshest Indian Assam Black Tea, Green Cardamom, Cloves, Black Pepper and Ginger (plus more) we could find. We worked with Bollywood Theater's Chef Troy MacLarty, to put together the same blend he serves in his award-winning, third-eye opening restaurants.
My partner on the ground in India, Mr. Divakar, travels from farm to farm, estate to estate, cherry-picking the freshest spices just for us. He ships them to us in small-batches, so things remain crazy fresh. You'll understand what I'm talking about the second you tear open a bag.
Delicious served hot or on ice. The 3 oz package makes about 10 cups. The 8 oz tube makes about 25. And the pound size makes about 50. Add sugar to taste. If you're looking to make individual cups, check out our Stainless Steel Brew Basket.
Don't miss our other Bollywood Theater Masalas too.
Bollywood Theater is a wildly popular Indian street food eatery with two locations in Portland, Oregon. Both are just a rickshaw ride from downtown.
- Choose Net Wt. 3oz, 8oz or 16 oz.
- 3oz makes about 10 cups, 8oz makes about 25 cups, 16oz makes about 50 cups
- An authentic rich and robust loose leaf tea featuring the freshest farm-direct tea and spices in India
- Delicious served hot or cold over ice
- Formulated exclusively for Reluctant Trading by Chef Troy MacLarty of the critically acclaimed Bollywood Theater eateries in Portland, Oregon
- Sealed in food-grade mylar bag
- Packaged in resealable kraft tube
- Masala Chai Ingredients: Assam Black Tea, Green Cardamom, Cloves, Black Pepper, Fennel Seeds, Ginger Root, Cinnamon and Bay Leaves
- Add 1/3 cup whole milk and 2/3 cup water to a saucepan over high heat. Mix in 1 1/2 tablespoons of Bollywood Theater Masala Chai Blend. Bring nearly to boil, stirring occasionally. Turn heat to simmer and steep for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Strain, add sugar to taste, enjoy.
Regular Non-Rush Delivery starts at just $3.95. It's very reasonable.
It's darn fast too. Almost all orders arrive in just a few days.
Your satisfaction is guaranteed. Would hate for you to be unhappy. The world has enough unhappiness. We're here to make you happy. Okedoke?
This is my 3rd or 4th time purchasing this Chai and it is fantastic. I love the spicy taste you get with it that is not found in any chai you could get at a chain grocery or coffeeshop. I only wish I had an espresso maker so I could have it as a dirty chai latte. Please never stop sourcing this awesome blend!
This is the most delicious chai the whole family and friends loved it and agreed it's b st tasting chai
After trying 10 versions of masala chai this is now my favorite. This for me is the real deal! Makes me want to dance!
Love this flavorful rich tea! Better than others that I have tried.
I love this tea! Every morning, I get up, turn on the kettle and wait until I can have this delightful tea! I honestly, make sure that I never run out of this tea!