1 Lb. Bollywood Theater Masala Chai Gift Bag
Proud to be named in Bon Appétit as a "Top 10 Great Specialty Food Store"
By the way, this is not the weak, boring chai you find on supermarket shelves. Our Bollywood Theater Masala Chai is as close as you can get to the stuff served by the Chai Wallahs in the streets of Delhi.
Featured in Bon Appetit's "The Best Chai You Can Buy" and an editor's choice at Food & Wine
This is an authentic, rich and robust Masala Chai blend featuring the freshest Indian Assam Black Tea, Green Cardamom, Cloves, Black Pepper and Ginger (plus more) we could find. We worked with Bollywood Theater's Chef Troy MacLarty, to put together the same blend he serves in his award-winning, third-eye opening restaurants.
My partner on the ground in India, Mr. Divakar, travels from farm to farm, estate to estate, cherry-picking the freshest spices just for us. He ships them to us in small-batches, so things remain crazy fresh. You'll understand what I'm talking about the second you tear open a bag.
Delicious served hot or on ice. Makes about 50 cups. Add sugar to taste.
Bollywood Theater is a wildly popular Indian street food eatery with two locations in Portland, Oregon. Both are just a rickshaw ride from downtown.
- Choose Net Wt. 3oz, 8oz or 16 oz.
- 3oz makes about 10 cups, 8oz makes about 25 cups, 16oz makes about 50 cups
- An authentic rich and robust loose leaf tea featuring the freshest farm-direct tea and spices in India
- Delicious served hot or cold over ice
- Formulated exclusively for Reluctant Trading by Chef Troy MacLarty of the critically acclaimed Bollywood Theater eateries in Portland, Oregon
- Sealed in food-grade mylar bag
- Packaged in resealable kraft tube
- Masala Chai Ingredients: Assam Black Tea, Green Cardamom, Cloves, Black Pepper, Fennel Seeds, Ginger Root, Cinnamon and Bay Leaves
- Add 1/3 cup whole milk and 2/3 cup water to a saucepan over high heat. Mix in 1 1/2 tablespoons of Bollywood Theater Masala Chai Blend. Bring nearly to boil, stirring occasionally. Turn heat to simmer and steep for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Strain, add sugar to taste, enjoy.
Regular Non-Rush Delivery starts at just $3.95. It's very reasonable.
It's darn fast too. Almost all orders arrive in just a few days.
Your satisfaction is guaranteed. Would hate for you to be unhappy. The world has enough unhappiness. We're here to make you happy. Okedoke?
Many years ago Jyoti and Mahendra Shah served me chai in their home in Philadelphia. I have had a lot of chia since, but until I tasted your chai I had not had any that was nearly as good. Your chai is perfect! Complex, rich with spices -- truly delicious! Thank you so much!
This is absolutely the best chai I've ever had. Actually, I just received it last week, it's almost gone and I'm getting ready to order more! 🙂
Bollywood Theater Masala Chai Loose Leaf Tea
After reviewing online posts about this tea being one of the top ten chai teas, I thought I had to try it.
It turns out to be a delicious surprise! The loose leaf teas are very fragrant and looks homemade. You can actually all the different herbs mixed in with the tea leaves. It actually remind me of my close Indian friend, Priya, who would brew her own chai tea whenever I visited.
It is a strong tea but since I like a kick to my chai tea, I love it!! I would recommend this to anyone who
1) doesn’t have the time to make their own chai
2) wants a more flavorful chai tea than Tazo version
I gave this as a gift and haven’t tried it myself. The recipient is a tea connoisseur and appreciated it very much. I have to say it smells great leading me to think it must taste great. So I’d say it’s a big hit and I’m quite pleased.