Bollywood Theater Indian Masala Spice Set
Proud to be named in Bon Appétit as a "Top 10 Great Specialty Food Store"
If you ever find yourself in Portland, Oregon, you must stop by one of Chef Troy MacLarty’s wildly popular Bollywood Theater eateries. Chef MacLarty is doing for Indian food what Chef Rick Bayless did for Mexican fare. He’s redefining our understanding of the cuisine.
Featured in USA Today, Sunset, Eater, Portland Monthly and The Oregonian.
We worked with Chef MacLarty and our partner in India, Mr. Divakar, to bring together Bollywood Theater recipes and the finest spices in India. The results were so good, Chef MacLarty is now using our masala blends to prepare the food in his restaurants.
Our 3-piece Masala Mayhem Indian Spice Set includes Bollywood Theater Garam Masala, Tikka Masala and Vindaloo Masala. These masalas feature authentic Indian spices featuring everything from cumin, turmeric and cayenne to our signature black pepper. There’s even a Bollywood Theater recipe inside each tube.
Don't forget to pick up our Bollywood Masala Chai, too. It's the same one Chef MacLarty serves at Bollywood Theater. It was named as a top holiday gift this year in Food + Wine.
Bollywood Theater is a wildly popular Indian street food restaurant with two locations in Portland, Oregon. Both are just a rickshaw ride from downtown.
- All three Bollywood Theater masalas (2oz net wt. each) are packed in an Indian themed gift box
- Each masala comes with a recipe inside
- Formulated exclusively for Reluctant Trading by Chef Troy MacLarty of the critically acclaimed Bollywood Theater eateries in Portland, Oregon
- Spices sealed in food-grade mylar bag
- Packaged in resealable kraft tube
- Garam Masala Ingredients: Cumin, Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Cayenne, Coriander, Black Cardamom, Cloves, Mace and Nutmeg
- Tikka Masala Ingredients: Cumin, Turmeric, Black Pepper, Cayenne, Coriander, Cloves, Black Cardamom, Cinnamon, Mace, Nutmeg and Paprika
- Vindaloo Masala Ingredients: Black Mustard, Coriander, Fenugreek, Chili Pepper, Cumin, Black Pepper, Turmeric, Green Cardamom and Cinnamon
Regular Non-Rush Delivery starts at just $3.95. It's very reasonable.
It's darn fast too. Almost all orders arrive in just a few days.
Your satisfaction is guaranteed. Would hate for you to be unhappy. The world has enough unhappiness. We're here to make you happy. Okedoke?
These are wonderful! I love throwing a teaspoon or two in a dish with lentils...so flavorful
I was a long time customer of Spice Ace in San Francisco. Since they closed down in January 2019, I've been looking for a good replacement. I tried spice blends from many online spice merchants. None of them were any good. I had to add salt and pepper to them to give them flavor, and they didn't seem very fresh.
Then I found The Reluctant Trading Experiment. I ordered the Vindaloo Masala and the Tikka Masala. Both are authentic and fresh. I didn't need to add anything to them to give them flavor. They are both bursting with flavor! I will be buying more of them from The Reluctant Trading Experiment. Also, their shipping rates are reasonable. I was born in Kerala, where The Reluctant Trading Experiment gets their spices. Scott, keep up the good work, and please stay in business :-)
I dearly love good curry. Lately, I have been using the Vindaloo Masala in place of my current (now past) curry powder. Great stuff! It also leaves a great perfume around the house. Visitors generally ask "what are you cooking?"
Not only do they make great gifts, they are a great gift to self. I use them in almost every meal.
This is my second time ordering from them and I just love how fresh their spices are. I’ll be buying more soon I’m sure.