- Three packets of pre-blended Reluctant Trading Pho Spice Blend formulated by Chef Nguyen Bui
- Exclusive recipes for Phở Gà (Chicken Pho) and Phở Bò (Beef Pho) by Chef Nguyen Bui
Also available as a Pho Soup Starter Kit with Rice Sticks and Fish Sauce, suitable for gift giving.
I met Chef Nguyen Bui in 2019 when he was working as a chef at the Michelin Star-awarded Rustic Canyon restaurant in Santa Monica.
Our paths crossed when Chef Nguyen discovered our spice samples hiding in storage. It wasn’t long before Rustic Canyon became a customer and the chef and I became fast friends.
Recently, we decided to team up to launch an authentic pho spice blend using our small-batch spices and Nguyen’s special recipes.
Each Pho Spice tube contains three pre-blended packets along with exclusive recipes by Chef Nguyen for Phở Gà (Chicken Pho) and Phở Bò (Beef Pho). Or feel free to use the blend with your own recipes.
Chef Nguyen’s authentic mix showcases our beautiful Star Anise, Black Cardamom, Clove, Coriander Seed, Fennel Seed, Ceylon Cinnamon, and Ginger. The spices are expertly toasted and blended. The aroma is otherworldly.
For the pho recipes, Chef Nguyen incorporated secrets he learned while growing up in the kitchen surrounded by his mom and aunts. He filtered time-honored techniques through his own culinary aesthetic.
The result? Nguyen calls his pho a “best-of family mash-up.” We call it authentic and delicious.
Chef Nguyen’s recipes are easy to follow, but you’ll want to carve out plenty of time to make a delicious pho. These are not instant soups. You’ll need to be around for a few hours to simmer the broth.
For those who aren’t familiar with pho, here’s a little primer.
- Pho is Vietnamese soup consisting of broth, noodles, spices, and meat (usually chicken or beef) Think Chicken Noodle Soup but way more complex and tasty.
- Pho is considered Vietnam’s national dish and is consumed for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Pho is pronounced “fuh” and Nguyen pronounces his name “when”
- Pho is pho-nomenal
- There isn’t one universally agreed upon pho recipe
- Everyone thinks their pho recipe is the best - including us!
- Pho Spice Blend, Net Wt. 2.2oz
- All spices are Non-GMO, Non-ETO, Non-Irradiated.
- Includes three packets of pre-blended Reluctant Trading Pho Spice Blend formulated by Chef Nguyen Bui
- In each tube, there's an exclusive recipe card for Phở Gà (Chicken Pho) and Phở Bò (Beef Pho) by Chef Nguyen Bui
- Phở Gà (Chicken Pho) prep time is approximately 2-4 hours and requires 1 packet of pho spice blend. Serves 4 people.
- Phở Bò (Beef Pho) prep time is approximately 4 -8 hours and requires 2 packets of pho spice blend. Serves 4-6 people.
- Good things come to those that take their time making pho
- You are free to use the blend with your own recipes
- Packaged in resealable kraft tube
- Product is prepared and packaged using machines that may come in contact with wheat and or gluten, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, eggs, milk and soy.
- Star Anise, Black Cardamom, Clove, Coriander Seed, Fennel Seed, Ceylon Cinnamon, Ginger
We normally ship within 1-2 business days after receiving your order.
Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays are not business days for us. We need some rest too. ;-D
We put together a Shipping FAQs page if you’d like more details on what to expect.
Due to the pandemic, FedEx is no longer guaranteeing 2 Day service, though they should arrive more quickly than other options. Remember, Overnight and 2 Day items require one business day processing time, but we will ship these out first each day.
Your satisfaction is guaranteed. Would hate for you to be unhappy. The world has enough unhappiness. We're here to make you happy. Okedoke?